UTSA SECURITY ANALYST CERTIFICATION
Security Analysts Are On the Frontline of Cybersecurity
To be a successful security analyst, you’ll not only need a basic understanding of terminology, methodology and countermeasures, but you require practical skills with security systems, offensive security and incident response.
The Security Analyst Certification training in the UTSA Carlos Alvarez College of Business aligns with the CompTIA CySA+ Certification and will provide theoretical and practical hands-on training for beginners with limited or no prior experience, or information technology professionals looking to upskill.
Cybersecurity Occupational Outlook
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics; security analyst’s Occupational Outlook Handbook,
Cybersecurity is one of the fastest growing careers and jobs are projected to grow 31% through 2029.
Why Cybersecurity at UTSA?
The University of Texas at San Antonio is the place to be for hands-on and practical cybersecurity education and training.
The Alvarez College of Business has been offering cybersecurity classes since 2001. Our programs are led by world-class researchers and academics, as well as adjuncts who work in security and understand the needs of industry.
- Largest cybersecurity ecosystem in the U.S. outside of Metro D.C.
- 1 ranked security program in the nation
- Top 100 Research Institution (UT Dallas Research Rankings 2015-2019)
- Home to the National Security Collaboration Center (NSCC) and four nationally recognized research centers
- San Antonio has the nation’s second-largest concentration of cybersecurity experts
- Texas has the most cybersecurity growth potential in the U.S. (Business Facilities’ 15th Annual Rankings Report)
Who Should Attend Security Analyst Training?
The Security Analyst Certification Course is recommended for any individual looking to enter the industry or interested in upskilling to advance their career in cybersecurity.
Organizations can benefit by using this course to help keep their team’s knowledge and skills current as the threat landscape continues to rapidly evolve.
Our course curriculum is aligned with the CompTIA CySA+ Certification and focuses on building knowledge and providing hands-on learning in five domains:
- Threat and Vulnerability Management: Topics include assessment and management of a range of threats and vulnerabilities from physical systems to the cloud.
- Software and Systems Security: Topics include system infrastructure, security solutions and secure coding.
- Security Operations and Monitoring: Topics include security monitoring, endpoint analysis, network analysis, threat hunting and automation concepts.
- Incident Response: Topics include analyzing potential indicators of compromise (IOCs), basic digital forensics and incident response process.
- Compliance and Assessment: Topics include data privacy and protection and risk mitigation. The course wraps up with security frameworks, policies, procedures and controls.
Get the Certification that Companies Are Looking For
|Class Format & Fee|
|Tuesdays and Thursdays|
October 5 – November 9, 2021
9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CT
|Mondays and Wednesdays|
October 4 – November 8, 2021
6 – 9:30 p.m. CT